Update December 2021
Dear Friends of Nicaragua and San Juan de Limay,
Good news in this holiday season! I traveled to Nicaragua last month and visited our friendship community, San Juan de Limay. I found an emergetic board (our counterpart), expanded by enthusiastic members and staff – working to build a better life for Limay residents. Thank you. Your support made their work possible.
This year, because of caring and generous donors like you, 31 scholarship students pursued studies in college or technical school. Monthly food packets went to 200 elderly and disabled persons. Preschool kids got loving staff care. People started businesses and raised poultry, bees, and gardens.
Now I ask for your support to allow our projects of love and friendship to continue in 2022. You are a crucial partner in this endeavor! Here are some ways you can make a difference in Limay:
- A monthly food packet of beans, rice, and other staples for an elderly person. Cost: about $75/year per person, or $25/month for 4 elders with scarce resources (no family with means to help)
- A partial college scholarship. Cost: average $180/year or $15/month for travel and food on the road
- A medical fund for travel to other towns for treatments, and for prescriptions not carried in the clinic. Cost: $5-10per prescription
- A preschool nutrition and education centerfor about 55 children. Our share of the center’s budget:$150/month, to supplement the salaries of the support staff.
- The Phil Mitchell revolving loan fund, which provides microcredit for small businesses and housing repair at the lowest interest rates in the Limay area. Any donation amount increases the fund capital.
Thank you for your faithful support! Please give now so we can plan carefully for our 2022 projects.
Barbara Larcom, for Casa Baltimore/Limay
P.S. Your gift is tax-deductible as provided by law.
P.P.S. To receive short videos regularly about our projects, please sign up for our email notices